(By the True Heart News interviewing team in Taipei)
Radio Free Asia (U.S.-funded) broadcast an interview with Chairman Zhang of the True Enlightenment Education Foundation, together with Teacher Yu Zhengwai, and Dawa Tsering, Director of the Tibet Religious Foundation of H. H. the Dalai Lama on Dec. 7, 2011. In the interview, Dawa Tsering said: “The True Enlightenment Education Foundation intends to slander Tibetan Buddhism, we doubt that the Chinese communist regime is involved; who else would have such strong motive to attack Tibetans?”
In reply to his statement, Chairman Zhang sternly points out that Dawa Tsering believes he could represent all the Tibetans, but in reality most Tibetans actually reject him because the Dalai Lama whom he serves wishes to restore Tibet to theocratic serfdom. Dawa Tsering could never represent all the Tibetans. As well, he cannot accuse the Foundation of attacking Tibetans because in truth the Foundation is merely informing the Tibetans not to be misled by counterfeit Buddhism. What the Foundation criticizes (not attacks) is solely the religion of Tibetan pseudo “Buddhism,” and it has nothing to do with the decent Tibetans who are also being deceived.
In reality, the True Enlightenment Education Foundation is not the only group that criticizes Tibetan “Buddhism.” There are scholars and women’s organizations in Taiwan, as well as scholars in the Western countries criticizing Tibetan “Buddhism” in essays and books. So will Dawa Tsering also defame these righteous people saying they are attacking Tibetans?
Moreover, Dawa Tsering accused the Foundation of having links with the Chinese communist regime and being financially backed by the Chinese Communist Party for the Foundation’s courageous act of refuting Tibetan “Buddhism.” This public accusation and defamation constitutes severe libel!
In fact, the True Enlightenment Education Foundation is indeed suppressed by the Chinese State Bureau of Religious Affairs which is governed by the Central Committee of CPC. Up to now, the Foundation is not allowed to propagate the Buddha dharma or teach publicly in China.
As to the accusation that the Foundation is being financially backed by the Chinese Communist Party, the financial records and accounts of the Foundation are all clear and in accordance with laws and regulations. Receipts are given for each and every donation and meticulous records are kept. These accounts are then verified by the accountant, and finally all records are checked by the government authorities. The Foundation has also been awarded by the government several times over the years as model organization setting an example to the general public. Additionally, the Foundation only has one bank account, which has never changed. Whoever makes monetary donations, from the Board of Directors to all the practitioners in the Foundation, each one is handed a receipt personally.
Chairman Zhang mentions that many Western scholars have written books to criticize Tibetan “Buddhism.” The Foundation members have also done some research and found the following sources which give more proof to Dawa Tsering’s dishonesty:
1. The hot topic of refuting the Dalai Lama is a central theme for Maxime Vivas, a senior French journalist and a late-night-news website conductor. In his book Dalaï-lama - Pas si zen: La face cachée du Dalaï-Lama (Dalai Lama - Not so “Zen‘’: The Hidden Side of the Dalai Lama), he discloses the true face of the Dalai Lama. This book will be printed in Chinese in February 2012. In this case, is Dawa Tsering also going to accuse him of being supported by the Chinese communist regime?
2. One of the Western scholars writing on this topic is Colin Goldner, a German psychologist and an authority in his field, publishing a book Dalai Lama-Fall eines Gottkönigs which breaks the myth of the Dalai Lama. In his book, he reveals the dark sides of the Dalai Lama, Tibetan Tantra and Tibetan “Buddhism.”
3. June Campbell, a Scottish philosopher who had been the secret sexual consort of Kalu Rinpoche, wrote and published her revelations in a volume entitled Traveller in Space: Gender, Identity and Tibetan Buddhism which probes the sexual doctrines of Tibetan “Buddhism” and Tibetan Tantric School. It took her more than a decade to get over the trauma of this ugly experience. She received numerous comments on her book from many females who were sexual consorts of lamas. Many experienced even more severe trauma than she.
4. Gilles Van Grasdorff is a French journalist and historian whose works include up to eighteen books centered on the subject of Tibet. One, called L'histoire secrète des dalaï-lamas (The Secret History of the Dalai Lamas), reveals the secrets of the past and present Dalai Lamas. Part of the book explores how tantric sex plays an important role in Tibetan “Buddhism.” The publisher of the book is Flammarion, the fourth most prestigious press in France.
5. A German couple, Victor and Victoria Trimondi, were close friends with the Dalai Lama and did in-depth research on Tibetan “Buddhism.” They were once captivated by the core essence of Tibetan Tantric Buddhism - a religion that does not rule out sexuality, but rather takes sexuality as its central nexus. They later wrote Der Schatten des Dalai Lama - Sexualität, Magie und Politik im tibetischen Buddhismus (The Shadow of the Dalai Lama - Sexuality, Magic and Politics in Tibetan Buddhism), disclosing how the Dalai Lama has used political power to provoke war, as well as how women are abused by the Couple-Practice Tantra.
6. A Swiss pastor German named Bruno Waldvogel-Frei wrote a book Und der Dalai Lama lächelte…: Die dunklen Seiten des tibetischen Buddhismus (And the Dalai Lama Smiled…: The Dark Side of Tibetan Buddhism)(Schwengeler publishing house, 2002, Switzerland Berneck, 2004 2nd Edition).The book provides information about the Couple-Practice Tantra from the “Kalachakra Tantra.”
7. Prof. Miranda Shaw, an American Professor, published a book Passionate Enlightenment: Women in Tantric Buddhism. In her book, she quotes the statements of modern gurus of the Gelug Sect – Lama Thubten Yeshe, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, and Dajie Geshe, who have practiced the Couple-Practice Tantra with actual female consorts.
8. Bloggers like “Down the Crooked Path” are writing in an effort to reveal the facts behind Tibetan Tantric School as well.
One can see that the True Enlightenment Education Foundation is not the only group the world criticizing Tibetan “Buddhism.” Many scholars in the Western countries are criticizing Tibetan “Buddhism” as well. The spreading of the erroneous doctrines of the copulation tantra creates social unrest even in Western countries which are open about sex. The above-mentioned examples include scholars from Germany, France, Scotland, and America and all of them have criticized and analyzed the Couple-Practice Tantra of Tibetan “Buddhism.” Would Dawa Tsering, Director of the Tibet Religious Foundation of H.H. the Dalai Lama, also attempt to accuse them of being financially supported by the PRC as part of a political conspiracy? Moreover, does he really think he can deceive the general public into thinking that Tibetan “Buddhism” is not a religion that advocates the sexual practice?!
The Couple-Practice Tantra of Tibetan “Buddhism,” Tantric sex to be exact, has been quite well-known in the Western countries for decades. After gaining in-depth understanding of Tibet, some Western writers/expatriates residing in China describe Tibetan “Buddhists” as “placing a Buddhist veneer over their native nature-sex religion,” in the article “Tibetan Buddhism, Kama Sutra, and Tantric Sex.” (Retrieved from http://www.chinaexpat.com/2007/03/26/tibetan-buddhism-kama-sutra-and-tantric-sex.html/)
We will continue to bring forth much more evidence showing the falsity of Tibetan “Buddhism” in further publications.
Finally, Chairman Zhang sternly declares that Dawa Tsering may fool the general public once, but he cannot fool them forever; he may be able to deceive a handful of people but he can never deceive all of the people because truth would eventually be revealed in due time. We believe that after seeing numerous evidence about how Tibetan “Buddhist” lamas sexually molest female followers in order to practice the core doctrine of the Couple-Practice Tantra, the wise, kind-hearted Taiwanese people would surely strongly disagree with the devious actions of Dawa Tsering and will realize that Tibetan Lamaism which promotes the Couple-Practice Tantra is by no means a Buddhist religion.
(Reported by the Interviewing Team)20120424
This article is an English version of the Chinese edition published on
January 19, 2012.
Quote 1: The original cited article has been closed. Please refer to the backup screenshot of the original linked webpage as follows: Click here （a copy by using https://web.archive.org/）
Quote 2: The original cited article has been closed. Please refer to the backup screenshot of the original linked webpage as follows: Click here （a copy by using https://web.archive.org/）